CASAC’s Mission is to build a safe and healthy environment by effectively educating the community on positive life choices.
Since 1974, Chautauqua Alcohol & Substance Abuse Council (CASAC) has provided alcohol, other drugs, and compulsive gambling prevention services to the Chautauqua County community.
CASAC’s prevention strategies take aim at how people think, feel, and act by focusing messages and activities on areas of influence such as the individual, family, or community.
Learn More About Us
- CASAC provides help to individuals affected by these problems through confidential intervention services.
- CASAC’s evidence-based programs are proven to be effective interventions in preventing these problems, as well as increasing protective factors and decreasing risk factors for youth problem behaviors.
- CASAC offers New York State Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) approved training hours for professional credentialing and for individuals wanting to learn more about chemical dependency and related topics.
- The Impaired Driver Program is operated by CASAC under the guidelines of the New York State Motor Vehicle Department.
- CASAC is a member of the Chautauqua County Underage Drinking Task Force, a grassroots initiative with a mission to eliminate availability of alcohol to individuals under age 21 through law enforcement and education.
- Serving as the leading community resource, CASAC maintains a clearinghouse of information regarding alcoholism, drugs, addictions, gambling problems and available help services.
CASAC is the only OASAS approved and supported alcohol and drug prevention agency in Chautauqua County, New York. CASAC, a United Way supported agency, is an affiliate of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD), and is one of 24 community based councils across the state and one of over 94 nationwide.